Monday, June 9, 2008

Gardening Counts as Food Storage in Progress

Hi. I wanted to share a little bit of what we have been up to. We FINALLY got a garden in. We have had uncommonly cool weather and lots of rain this year, so it hasn't been easy to get it in. It hasn't been easy to mow the yard, either, but once in a while we get that done.
Now we just get to wait and watch things grow. I love watching things grow. It is fascinating to me.



Hopefully, this garden will produce so we can add peas, beans, corn, tomatoes, potatoes and cucumbers to our eating habits as well as to our food storage. I love the harvest season and feeling productive growing my own food in my own little way. Even though we farm, this ends up being "my very own" little contribution to our family food situation. I think it often tastes better when you grow it yourself, as opposed to getting produce from the store. (Any thoughts?)


By the way, you don't need to have a garden like mine (smaller or bigger). You can always grow some kind of vegetable in a pot in your house. It is very possible and productive. My sister used to grow tomatoes in a pot when she lived in an apartment at college. My niece loves to grow anything she can get her hands on. Currently, she has onions, avacado (yes the tree), squash, and something else in pots growing by her back door. She loves to get seeds and see what she can do with them.
You can do it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

What things are most Important to Store?