Monday, June 6, 2011

Rhubarb Season

So, do you really have any other ideas on what to do with rhubarb -- other than the usual rhubarb or strawberry rhubarb pie?  Well, here are a few of my ideas (one at a time... stay tuned for more). And this one is super-easy!

I love it best on pancakes, or waffles or my favorite -- a piece of french toast smothered with a little peanut butter and this delicious strawberry rhubarb syrup! (think I'm crazy? try it and then you can tell me how crazy I am!) My sister has beautiful pictures of this syrup -- click on her blog: Taste the Joy

Rhubarb Recipe I -
Rhubarb Syrup

8 cups rhubarb juice
(to get juice, cook rhubarb in pot or juicer and reserve juice)
7 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 package Sure-Jell
2 (3 oz) packages strawberry Jell-O (blueberry works well, too)

Stir Sure-jell and vanilla into juice. Bring to a full boil, stirring constantly. Stir sugar and Jell-O together in separate bowl. Slowly stir into juice. Stir and bring to a full rolling boil for 1 minute. Skim foam off and pour in bottles. Water bath for 20 minutes. Makes about 6 pints.

Makes great storage item and awesome Christmas presents - completed early on in the year!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

What things are most Important to Store?