Saturday, September 27, 2008

Freezer Jam - Apricot

So, I inherited a lot of apricots last month. I couldn't eat them all by myself. They were very large and tasty, so I decided to make freezer jam with them. I made SEVERAL batches of jam. (It's been about a month, so I don't remember exactly how many I did and I am not in the mood to go dig into my freezer and count them. oh well...)

If you need encouragement for making freezer jam - it is way easy. It really takes closer to 45 minutes by the time you stir everything and get the sugar dissolved. The package claims it only takes 30 minutes. Not true. But they aren't far off. Scroll down for a killer recipe using apricot or peach jam.





Ready? Here is my most favorite killer recipe for using apricot or peach jam:

SWEET AND SPICY CHICKEN:

Cut 2 uncooked chicken breasts in 1/2 inch squares.
Toss with 3 Tablespoons taco seasoning. Brown in oil.

Add:
1 - 1-1/4 c. salsa
1/2 - 3/4 c. peach or apricot jam

Simmer together and serve over rice.

Easy and VERY yummy! Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

What things are most Important to Store?