Friday, February 20, 2009

Recipe with Food Storage Ingredients

I've had requests for recipes to use food storage, so I'll share one of my favorites with you now. Ready? It is so simple.

Taco soup.

All ingredients are in storage - including short-term freezer storage. I don't have to run to the store for strange ingredients. I just open bottles and dump the ingredients into a pot. Boil, simmer, done!

Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef (from my freezer), browned
1 bottle/can/freezer package sweet corn (undrained)
1 can pureed tomatoes
1 can/bottle stewed tomatoes
1 can olives (drained)
1 can kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
1 package taco seasoning (or 3 Tablespoons from a bulk seasoning container)

Dump together, boil, then simmer for about 30 minutes - more or less - done. Serve with tortilla chips and sour cream (optional).

My picky eater will even get excited to eat this if I call it chips and dip. =)

Sorry - no photo. I eat it too fast.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mmmm, love the recipe, sounds fabulous & fast! Great potato ideas, those hashbrowns sound yummy!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

What things are most Important to Store?